Monday, February 4, 2008

Recipe: Mexican Pizza

Who says meals have to take 30 minutes? I mean honestly, if I had to wait 30 minutes for every meal when I was working, our family would have ALWAYS ate out. But you don't. Rachel Ray made the show 30 minute meals a success, and somewhere it gave us all the impression that is the shortest amount of time dinner should take us. That is not the case. I am sharing a recipe with you that can be made in half that time. It is one of my family's favorite dinners.

Mexican Pizza

Ingredients:
  • 1 store bought pizza crust (I use Boboli, you can use whatever ever).
  • 1 can of Fat Free refried beans
  • Taco Sauce
  • 1 bag of Shredded Cheese
  • Toppings of your choice, I always use black olives, and if I have tomatoes, I chop them to put on.
Method:

  1. Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees
  2. Place Pizza Curst on Pizza Stone
  3. Spread entire can of FF refried beans on the pizza
  4. Spread as much or little taco sauce as you like on top of beans
  5. Top pizza with shredded cheese
  6. Add your toppings.
  7. Place in oven until cheese is melted, about 12-15 minutes.
  8. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!
Tips: I figured this to be 4 weight watcher points, of course you will want to double check, but that is a good guideline.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Thistlemoon said...

Yum! This really sounds good!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!